Buying a home is the largest investment most people will make in their lifetime. The exercise is neither fast nor easy, but a little bit of knowledge will take most of the mystery out of the process.
Before embarking on your journey, take a moment to review the following tips. They will assist in making the process more efficient and take some of the stress out of home buying:
- Know how much you can afford. Why waste time looking at homes that are not in your price range?
- Determine your down payment. This will allow you to calculate how much you need to borrow and establish a price point.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Know where you want to live. Determine areas that best suit your needs.
- Decide what type of home you want to buy. There are a number of housing types available to today's real estate consumers. Single-family detached homes are most popular but there are also semi-detached homes, links, condominium apartments and townhomes, as well as co-ops from which to choose. Each has different characteristics that are more or less suited to individual lifestyles.
- Determine what you need in a home. How many bedrooms or bathrooms do you require? Is there enough parking for your car(s)?
Call me. I have the resources to help you answer these questions and any others that you may have. My job is to make home buying and selling a smooth and easy process for you.